Painting your entire home can be an appealing idea if you’ve grown tired of its current color scheme. Paint colors can do much to change the look and feel of a room, but if you aren’t ready for the long term process and commitment, there’s a much easier alternative. Adding new pops of color can transform your space into a fresh new atmosphere. Here are five ways you can include new colors that will make your space pop!
- Window treatments make a huge difference in adding additional texture and color to your home. If your walls are neutral, add bold color curtains to brighten up your room. You can also choose vibrant designs that include flowers or patterns. If your walls are already bright and bold, add white or neutral colored curtains to add contrast to your current look.
- Decorative pillows are sure to refresh any bedroom without much effort. When choosing pillows for your bedroom, incorporate two or three colors that favor the existing look you have. Step out of your comfort-zone and choose pillows of unique shapes, sizes, and patterns that are sure to draw attention to your bed.
- Updating your current wall art is a sure way to grab the attention of guests, so it’s best to apply this update to your living room. There are endless options when it comes to making a statement with your walls. You can choose from a large piece that is sure to stand out or pick a variety of framed art to display. The options here are endless when it comes to wall decor.
- A new centerpiece on your dining room table will surely be an eye catcher for your dinner guests. For this piece, gather items that can stand tall without taking up too much room on your table. Choose from a tall vase, clear glass containers with candles, or a long wooden box. Add greenery and bright colored flowers to any of these combinations to spruce up your dining space. You can ideally mix and match any of these items and incorporate them into a beautiful centerpiece.
- Wallpaper comes in many different colors and patterns and can make a difference when it comes to decorating. You don’t have to apply it to the entire room for it to work its magic. Apply wallpaper to the back side of shelves, the solid side of a dresser, or even the smooth surface of a door. It may sound like a scary commitment, but rest assured that wallpapers aren’t all permanent. There are a variety of peel and stick options that come off easily if you decide to go a different direction.
Adding an extra pop of color into your home can be simple without the long term commitment. Refresh your space with these simple upgrades and enjoy your new look with loved ones.